CABE 2018 BILINGUAL TEACHERSHIP AWARD/SCHOLARSHIP
CABE encourages members who are enrolled in a college/university and have declared a major leading to a bilingual teaching credential to apply for a Teachership Award. This scholarship was designed to assist and encourage our members to pursue a career as a bilingual teacher. The CABE 2018 Bilingual Teachership Award/Scholarship is an endowment fund established by CABE to award $2,000 scholarships to college or university students seeking a career in pursuing their bilingual teaching credential. CABE chapter leaders, region representatives or individual nominator (must be a CABE member) has the opportunity to nominate individuals for a teachership award. The Teachership recipient will be awarded and recognized during the CABE annual conference.ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA – CANDIDATES MUST:
- Be a current member of CABE
- Be enrolled in a college/university with a declared major leading to a teacher credential (elementary/secondary) and/or have completed a minimum of 15 college credits and/or enrolled in a teacher preparation program (must provide transcripts).
- Have experience working in an educational setting as a teacher assistant or mentor
- Provide proof of current enrollment in a college/university
- Have full proficiency in English and one other language that is used as a medium of instruction and/or that is the primary language of students in the public schools.
- Be committed to pursuing a career as a preschool/elementary/secondary level bilingual teacher
*Candidates who have received Teachership award within the last two (2) years are not eligible. All personal information will be strictly confidential.
In addition to completing the online Teachership application, the following required documents listed below must be submitted by January 12, 2018 by 5:00 p.m. (All letters must be signed and dated no more than one (1) year).
- A completed online Teachership application
- A letter of nomination from a CABE chapter leader, region representative or individual nominator (must be a current CABE member) stating the reason for the nomination.
- A letter of recommendation from a current reference (i.e. professor, teacher, program coordinator, principal or current supervisor)
- A personal statement: Describe your commitment to becoming a bilingual teacher. What are your goals as a bilingual teacher? Why do you think it is important to have bilingual education program?
- Current transcript(s) showing 15 college credits. (Unofficial transcripts accepted).
- Proof of current enrollment in college or university (a class schedule showing enrolled in current quarter/semester is acceptable)
- A color 5”x 7” photo (electronically via jpeg, tiff, or pdf)
- Teachership online applications must be submitted by January 12, 2018. Any incomplete application or missing required documents will not be considered. Any non-verifiable information including recommendation and/or references will result in disqualification of the applicant.
- A selection committee will review all complete applications and select the qualifying candidates for the Teachership Award.
- CABE will notify the winners on or after January 30 - February 2, 2018.
- Awards and recognition of winners will be at CABE 2018 Award Luncheon on Thursday, March 29, 2018 during the annual conference held on March 28-31, 2018 at the Sacramento Convention Center, 1400 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95814. (Winners will receive a CABE 2018 conference registration, two (2) tickets for the Award Luncheon for awardee and a guest, a one-night hotel stay and travel, if needed.
If you have questions regarding the Teachership Awards, please contact your local regional representative or Aida Madison at firstname.lastname@example.org or 626-814-4441.