CABE 2022 BILINGUAL TEACHERSHIP AWARD/SCHOLARSHIP
CABE encourages members who are enrolled in a college/university and have declared a major leading to a bilingual teaching credential to apply for a Teachership Award. This scholarship was designed to assist and encourage our members to pursue a career as a bilingual teacher. The CABE 2022 Bilingual Teachership Award/Scholarship is an endowment fund established by CABE to award $2,000 scholarships to college or university students seeking a career in pursuing their bilingual teaching credential. CABE chapter leaders, region representatives or individual nominator (must be a CABE member) has the opportunity to nominate individuals for a teachership award. The Teachership recipient will be recognized during the CABE 2022 Annual Conference.ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA – CANDIDATES MUST
- Be a current member of CABE.
- Be enrolled in a college/university with a declared major leading to a teacher credential (elementary/secondary) and/or have completed a minimum of 15 college credits and/or enrolled in a teacher preparation program (must provide transcripts).
- Have experience working in an educational setting as a teacher assistant or mentor.
- Provide proof of current enrollment in a college/university.
- Have full proficiency in English and one other language that is used as a medium of instruction and/or that is the primary language of students in the public schools.
- Be committed to pursuing a career as a preschool/elementary/secondary level bilingual teacher
- A Personal Statement: Explain why you have chosen this professional career path. Include why you think it is important to offer bilingual programs. List specific events or experiences that have inspired you to study to become a bilingual teacher (250 word maximum).
- Educational Philosophy: Summarize your personal philosophy of education in general, and of bilingual education in particular (250 word maximum).
- Professional Development: Describe your professional learning experiences and how these have contributed to our growth as a bilingual teacher candidate (250 word maximum).
- One letter of nomination from a CABE chapter leader, region representative or a current CABE member stating the reason for the nomination of the applicant.
- One letter of recommendation from a current reference (i.e. teacher, program coordinator, or current supervisor).
- Current transcript(s) showing 15 college credits. (Unofficial transcripts accepted).
- Proof of current enrollment in college or university (a class schedule is acceptable).
- One high resolution head and shoulder photo (JPG or PNG). (A photo taken with a high resolution phone camera that is in focus and in good lighting is acceptable.)
- An Online Teachership application must be submitted by January 25, 2022. Any incomplete application or missing documents will not be considered. Non-verifiable information will result in disqualification of the applicant.
- Online applications must be submitted by January 25, 2022. The selection committee will review all qualifying applications.
- Winners will be notified on or after January 25, 2022.
- Winners will be recognized at the CABE 2022 Annual Conference.
If you have questions regarding the Teachership Awards, please contact your local regional representative or Aida Madison at firstname.lastname@example.org or 626-814-4441 ex. 101.