CABE BINATIONAL OCDE PROJECT GLAD® PROGRAM
in Partnership with Sistema Educativo Estatal (SEE) de Baja California and
OCDE Project GLAD® National Training Center
- Become a OCDE Project GLAD®-certified teacher!
- Enjoy a bilingual, bicultural professional development experience with your colleagues!
- Dual immersion teachers: Develop high levels of academic Spanish!
- English partner teachers: Learn how to support your dual language students!
- Build collaborative relationships with colleagues from Baja California, Mexico, and California!
- Learn about Mexico’s educational system and the transnational students we share!
- California elementary teachers from Spanish Dual Language Immersion programs with a BCLAD credential/authorization or Bilingual Authorization
- California elementary teachers with a CLAD credential/authorization or SB 2042 credential who teach English Learners in English
- Instructional Coaches who support teachers in a dual language setting
Tier 1 Theory and Research Training (delivered in English for CLAD/SB2042 teachers and in Spanish for BCLAD/Bilingual Authorization teachers) in Tijuana, BC, Mexico: June 10-13, 2019 (2 days of training, plus travel and school site visit days; must have a valid passport or passport card
Tier 1 Demonstration Session in English for CLAD/SB2042 teachers and in Spanish for BCLAD/Bilingual Authorization teachers in Chula Vista, California: November 5-8, 2019 (4 days; not including travel days)
- OCDE Project GLAD® Tier 1: 2-day Theory/Research Training in Tijuana, BC, Mexico, plus school site visit and travel days (total of 4 days) for all participants
- Round trip transportation from San Ysidro, CA, to Tijuana, Mexico
- Lodging (double occupancy) and food at the Grand Hotel, Tijuana (http://www.grandhoteltj.com)
- International travel insurance
- Cultural activity (whole group; transportation and escort provided)
- OCDE Project GLAD® Tier 1: 4-day Demonstration Training in Chula Vista, California (including breakfast and lunch each day; does not include travel, lodging, or dinner each day)
Will transportation be provided?
Participants will meet at a secure location near the Mexican border and travel together from that point to the location where all sessions will take place.
Can participants make their own transportation and lodging arrangements?
Due to safety and logistics purposes, all participants must travel together and take advantage of the provided lodging accommodations.
Do I need a passport to travel?
Yes, all participants need to have a valid passport or permanent resident card to travel into Mexico.
Will meals be included?
Yes, all meals will be provided while in Tijuana.
Do I have to participate in the Demonstration Sessions to receive OCDE Project GLAD® certification?
Yes, participants need to complete the additional 4-day Demonstration Sessions to become a OCDE Project GLAD® certified teacher.